- During 2020-21, the turnover of the Company was Rs.1760.84 crore as against Rs. 803.17 crore during FY 2019-20 registering an increase of 119%.The Profit After Tax from continuing & discontinuing operation during FY 2020-21 was Rs 109.98 crore.
- Total copper metal sales of the company was 32,997 tonne in 2020-21.
- Market capitalisation of the company reached around Rs.11,000 Crore as on 31st March 2021 from Rs. 2,000 Crore as on 31st March 2020.
- HCL procured 41.12% of total procurement from MSME vendors in FY 2020-21 against the mandatory target of 25%.
- Power Purchase agreement (PPA) has been signed with party for installation of 4.5 MWp solar plant at MCP.
- The Malanjkhand underground mining project has achieved one important milestone i.einterconnection of north and south decline at 240 MRL. This has created readiness for taking out ore production through decline from underground mines.
- HCL has signed a long-termsale agreement with a domestic primary copper producer for sale of around 60% of its total quantity of annual copper concentrate production.
2. Awards and Accolades
- DGMS, Ministry of Labour & Employment, GoI intimated HCL about selection of National Safety Award (Mines)- 2017(Winner) & 2018 (Runner both LIFRM-type-6 category) for Kolihan Mine.
- National Safety Award (Mines) 2018 (Winner-LIFRM-type-6 category) and 2019 (Runner-LAFP -type-6 category) for KhetriMine ;
- National Safety Award (Mines)- 2020 (Runner) (LAFP- type -4 category) for Malanjkhand Mine.
- Khetri Mine of HCL was adjudged as five star rated mine for the year 2017-18 and the award has been given by Hon’ble Minister of Mines on 23.11.2021 in the 5th National conclave on Mines & minerals at New Delhi.
- HCL received ‘Honourable Mention’ at the National CSR Awards 2018 in the category – ‘Corporate Awards in CSR in Challenging Circumstances, Sub Category – East’.
3. Conservation of Energy
- i. The steps taken towards conservation of energy:
- 1029 Nos. LED lights were installed in place of high power consuming conventional lights across HCL in 2020-21. This resulted into additional saving of approx. Rs. 21.12 lakhs in electricity bills during this year. Till date Company has replaced total 10759 Nos. of conventional lights with LED lights.
- 2 Nos. old SRIM type motors have been replaced with energy efficient SQIM motor along with VFD in compressor at KCC. This has resulted saving of Rs. 8.88 lakhs.
- By changing the motor of Main Mechanical Ventilation Fan at Khetri Mine and Installing 2 nos. of V.F.D in Compressor KG3 & KG4 respectively, approximately Rs. 45.02 lakhs have been saved during the year.
- Approximately 6.85 lakhs unit of solar electricity was generated by the installed Solar Power Plants across various units at HCL resulting in a saving of Rs. 26.97 lakhs during the year.
- Several under-loaded transformers at KCC are switched off and shifted their loads on other transformers. The initiative enabled us to achieve improved power factor and power savings of approximately Rs. 10 lakhs. in FY 2020-21.
- HCL was able to save Rs. 3.35 crores during the period FY 2020-21 for maintaining power factor near to unity.
- ii. The steps taken by the company for utilizing alternate sources of energy:
- Power Purchase agreement (PPA) has been signed with vendor for installation of additional capacity 4.5 MWp solar plant at MCP in FY 2020-21. Land survey has already been completed.
- The project for design, supply and installation of solar power plant of various capacities under RESCO model of MNRE has been carried out across HCL with the help of M/s REIL. Under the RESCO model, installation of following solar capacities has been completed and commissioned:
- 200 KWp capacity at KCC
- 345.5 KWp capacity at MCP
- 250 KWp capacity at GCP
- 41 KWp Rooftop Solar plant at MCP and 20 KWp Solar Plant at ICC already installed under CAPEX model.
- Total 856.50 KWp solar plant implementation is completed in HCL till FY 2020-21.
- Approximately Rs. 26.97 lakhs saved annually in electricity bills by installation of roof top solar projects in 2020-21 across HCL.
4. Technology Absorption
- The state of the art technology for Paste fill plant at MCP underground mine has been planned after successful test work carried out by M/s M/s Golder Associate- the technology supplier. This technology will be implemented for filling the void by utilising mine waste. This will ensure better waste management and sustainable mining.
- The software based technology for 3D Ore body modelling and Mine planning is being implemented across all the mining Units.
- Procurement of a new technology based total station survey instrument for mine surveying operation at MCP is under process. This is a target-less laser-based survey instrument and it also uses the latest windows operating system.
- A study has been conducted to establish a suitable system for communication and auto-signalling at MCP underground mine and procurement of suitable communication system is under process.
- IIT, Kharagpur is conducting stability analysis at Banwas block of Khetri Copper Mine. Recommendations shall help in designing safer stopes while also increasing extraction at Banwas block.
- NIRM(National Institute of Rock Mechanics) has been appointed for carrying out geo-technical modelling for the entire open pit and the Underground mine at MCP. The study will help in analysing the risk in respect of stability of rock structure(open pit & underground mine) and mitigation plan if any. This will help in ensuring safe and sustainable mining in underground mines.